RenderingRisch
A unique mind in an everyday life.

baby proof tree

Labels: Blogging ,
is a must. I have a 5 month old and a (almost) 2 year old and now I'm bringing in a very large tree with needles, decorating it with hooks, glass, shinny, and sparkling things and then telling them not to touch it. I consider that cruelty. If I was a kid I'd want to climb it, let alone touch the shinny, sparkling items that call out to my left and right hand.

As a "momma" I try to scope out "things that could injure my child" second by second and the Xmas (if your one of those people that hate Xmas b/c it takes Christ out of Christmas please look up the historical background to the use of "X") tree seems to scream "D.A.N.G.E.R." So I laid aside my desire to "dazzle" the tree and took an extremely practical approach...bows. I tied bows all over our tree this way if Titus takes off with one, big deal. Here's my tree;

2 comments:

Good job on getting the tree up! My prob this year is Justus is old enough to handle the privilege of touching the tree but Haven is not. So I had to restrict Justus. I hate doing it cause he is so careful and gentle. But for safety sake I told him after we decorated it the tree was a "no touch." We'll see....


Love it! When Reagan was 18 months he took all the ornaments off the bottom half of our tree, put them in a box and pushed the box under his crib. I guess that what I get for hanging candy on the tree.


March 17 means

Me.As.Risch

My photo
I talk WAY too much about absolutely nothing, but it's my own way of getting to what actually matters. Too analytical but at times it comes in handy. Enjoy hearing peoples stories. Get bugged by stereo-type people. Bad speller. Secretly lazy. Quasi OCD. Carry a constant frustration for the marginalization within America. Sarcastic. Suffer from (UL) aka uncontrollable laughter...never know when it's going to hit.

On my night stand

  • Foster's: Celebration of Discipline
  • Gawande's : Better
  • Macarthur's: New Testiment Commentary
  • Orman: Women & Money
  • Pausch's: The Last Lecture
  • Rowling's: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Safran's: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  • Young's: The Shack

Recent Comments

blogarama - the blog directory

Followers

Recent Comments